Peter T. Pirsch (March 2, 1866 – July 14, 1954) was a manufacturer who founded Pirsch and Sons, Incorporated, a Kenosha, WI –based manufacturer of fire apparatus. He patented a compound trussed extension ladder in 1899 and went on to make hand- and horsedrawn ladder trucks. Throughout the 1930s and 1940s a wide range of fire engines, including articulated ladder trucks were made, with power coming mostly from Hercules or Waukesha engines. All these had their engines under hoods, and the first cab forward model came in 1961. Pirsch and Sons discontinued production of their trucks in the early 1980s after reorganization of the company, with the last truck coming off the line in 1987.