March 20, 1890: The department maintained a hose house and coal depot in a building on 32-34 Bridge Street near Tyler street. It had a 6-' hose tower and an office and battery room (Fire Alarm) on the second floor. Two horses on location. This house was originally erected by the Volunteer Department in 1868.
Initially it contain a spare steam fire engine (the 1876 second size, Nussey which was described as good condition. Also had a coal wagin built by William Walker, also in good condition
Chief Engineer's s Driver David Murray Keeper of the Hose House - George Singland Lineman to Fire Alarm - Joseph Chapman
Hose House Force 1916 (posed at 115 Van Houten Street Fire Headquarters)